The Next Scheduled Launch is CATO 212
2014 Annual CATO Picnic
The CATO Picnic will be held in conjunction with the August launch, and we hope to see everyone there, flying rockets and eating food. Hot dogs and burgers are provided by the club.
As in years past, we ask that you bring something to share. If you would, please click on this link and let us know what you will be bringing.
Special Edition : CATO Cert Flights
Congratulations to all who certified and who now qualify to spend evern more money on motors.
(OK ... It's really a video)
- President: Al Gloer
- Vice President: Brad Oestreicher
- Treasurer: Ray DiPaola
- Secretary: Eric Henderson
- TRA Prefect: Rick Comshaw
- NAR Section Advisor: Patrick McConnell
- Director at Large: Ross Tracey
- Director at Large: Dave Cannell
Yes, there were winners, and there were looooosers at our annual Punkin Chunkin contest!
Rick Comshaw must have decided that the Durham Fairgrounds need a pumpkin patch, 'cuz he PLANTED his pumpkin (and the rocket that was carrying it). Al Gloer never found his pumpkin at all. Eric Henderson turned his pumpkin into pumpkin pie filling on impact.
But, on to the winners ...
- Rich Crooks got the best 'pumpkin aloft' time of 3:13 with his rocket called USPS Pumpkin Delivery. It was a LONG walk to get that pumpkin back!
- Christian Mauasoiu was in first place most of the day (until Rich's final flight). His rocket 'Killer Pumpkin' had a time of 2:01. Christian gets bragging rights because it took Rich three attempts to beat that time!
- Karen Gloer (showing husband Al how it is supposed to be done) had a good third place time of 1:24.
- Dave Cannell had a time of 0:31
- Ray DiPaola - 0:16
- Honey Badgers TARC team - 0:05. I sure hope their TARC rocket flies better!