The Next Scheduled Launch is CATO 215
CATO Annual Meeting is Sunday, Nov 9
Warning: If you don't show, you run the risk of being elected to office!
When: Sun 11/9 @ 1PM (we can shoot for 2 hours)
Where: Westfield Fire Department
653 East Street Middletown, CT 06457
Please park around back. Meeting in on the top floor.
- Election of officers
- Review of club finances
- 2014 Launch Schedule
- Capital Improvements
- Membership Renewals
- Web Page and Launch Reports
- Whatever else we think of
That's Right! It's the Annual CATO Punkin Chunkin Contest
We will supply some small pumpkins, they will fit in a four inch body tube.
Launch it any way you want. The longest in the air, that is returned to the RSO table, wins.
What do you win?? Well let me tell ya ... You get to say you won. There is even a small (very small) possibility that others will grovel at your feet while chanting "all hail the Great Punkin".
Special Edition : CATO Cert Flights
Congratulations to all who certified and who now qualify to spend evern more money on motors.
(OK ... It's really a video)
- President: Al Gloer
- Vice President: Brad Oestreicher
- Treasurer: Ray DiPaola
- Secretary: Eric Henderson
- TRA Prefect: Rick Comshaw
- NAR Section Advisor: Patrick McConnell
- Director at Large: Ross Tracey
- Director at Large: Dave Cannell
Yes, there were winners, and there were looooosers at our annual Punkin Chunkin contest!
Rick Comshaw must have decided that the Durham Fairgrounds need a pumpkin patch, 'cuz he PLANTED his pumpkin (and the rocket that was carrying it). Al Gloer never found his pumpkin at all. Eric Henderson turned his pumpkin into pumpkin pie filling on impact.
But, on to the winners ...
- Rich Crooks got the best 'pumpkin aloft' time of 3:13 with his rocket called USPS Pumpkin Delivery. It was a LONG walk to get that pumpkin back!
- Christian Mauasoiu was in first place most of the day (until Rich's final flight). His rocket 'Killer Pumpkin' had a time of 2:01. Christian gets bragging rights because it took Rich three attempts to beat that time!
- Karen Gloer (showing husband Al how it is supposed to be done) had a good third place time of 1:24.
- Dave Cannell had a time of 0:31
- Ray DiPaola - 0:16
- Honey Badgers TARC team - 0:05. I sure hope their TARC rocket flies better!